Thursday, July 07, 2005

The chronicles of Lymond

I know I've talked about these books before, but I can't help talking about them again ... so far, it's been my greatest reading challenge of this year. Why ? Because although it's historical fiction at its best and the books are so good that you want to finish them quickly (and we're talking about 6 volumes), on the other hand they're so full of detail and complex plots that you must read them slowly or otherwise you'll get completely lost in the story. It's not an easy reading, though... T., who highly recommended me this series (thank you !) had warned me about this ... Lymond is not your typical hero, and sometimes I felt so frustrated with his character that I felt like abandoning it altogether, but other times you just can't help but love him. Yesterday morning I even got out of bed earlier so I could finish the second volume - "Queen's Play" - before having breakfast ;-) That's how great this whole series is, truly ...


 

3 comments:

Flor said...

Não quero saber :p A mim não me tentas

Anonymous said...

Não há maior elogio que acordar cedo para ler um livro. E sim, são fabulosos, embora estes dois primeiros para mim ainda são os menos perfeitos. E vai comentando por favor. T

Anonymous said...

Oh I read several of the Lymod series a few years ago and really enjoyed them. You're right -- they are very involved and you get caught up easily. It wears you out! Thanks for hte reminder... I need to go back and pick up where I left off, I think I was on the thrid or fourth volume.