Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Storm is done and I love it.
I ended up choosing the reverse stockinette side, as in the pattern, and it turned out quite nice after I seamed it. Because I knit this with a smaller needle size it's more fitted and shorter than the original design, and if I were to do it again I'd probably add an inch or two to the length, but otherwise it's perfect.
Pattern: Storm, by Kim Hargreaves (from the Heartfelt book)
Yarn: Brancal Manchester
Size: L (to account for the difference in needle size)
The pattern itself is quite easy, and this is knit in once piece so there's only seaming on the sides and a bit on the collar. However, there are a few minor mistakes (like in the buttonholes) and the chart is only useful for the first 18 rows or so of the pattern, so I had to make a few notes in order not to get lost. That said, I love most of Kim Hargreaves designs so I'm sure I'll be making more of them in the future.
Changes I made on this one: different needle size, because I really wanted to use this yarn so I used 8mm instead of 12 but knit a larger size than my usual; added 2 sts to the collar rib and 2 sts to the sleeve rib; changed the position of the second buttonhole to be a bit higher.
I've now started on Tilted Duster and Gathered Pullover, two popular Interweave items I had on my wish list since the beginning of winter.