Monday, February 09, 2009

o w l s



OK, so I think I fell in love with these owls :)
I mean, this is probably the best fitting sweater I've ever made for myself. The pattern is brilliant, I especially like how the shaping at the back turned out, and just look at these owls !
Sorry about not having better photos, I had planned to get some action shots taken this weekend because this sweater definitely deserves it, but the weather wasn't on my side so I had to go with my usual setting.

Changes: absolutely none, probably the first time I haven't changed a stitch from the original pattern.

I also used buttons I had from stash, my aunt gave me a bunch of vintage mother-of-pearl buttons a while ago and I had just enough to use them here, which turned out perfect.



Pattern:o w l s, by Kate Davies
Yarn: Brancal Manchester (from stash .. not sure how much I used)
Needles: 6.5 mm
Size: xs









19 comments:

Prunila said...

I like all the owls I have seen right now! Very cute on you, congrats!!!

tina said...

I saw that pattern too but I thought that was only a couple of weeks ago it came out. You are one fast knitter. O_O

Verity said...

Gorgeous!

May said...

Great job on yours. Had no idea about the cool back shaping. Thanks for showing it off. It makes the pattern even more interesting for me.

AnaCAlmeida said...

Como eu gostava de ser capaz de fazer essa camisola! Qd a vi foi amor à primeira vista! Ficou lindissima (como sempre)... Parabens!

Billy said...

Ficaram lindos, estes mochos, parabéns!

Também a estou a tricotar (por ter visto aqui o link para o padrão) e estou a adorar! Realmente as costas ficam magníficas e assenta tudo como uma luva.

Anonymous said...

Ficou linda!

Lisa Stepi said...

So pretty - that is such a great pattern.

Lizzie said...

So so cute!! I definitely want to try this pattern out!

Celina said...

Espectacular, assenta que nem uma luva. Os mochos ficam adoráveis.

Virtuous said...

Came out just wonderful!!! Great job!!

stringplay said...

Your OWLS turned out great! And you are right, fit is perfect. I've been watching these show up around some blogs and HOPE I will be able to make one someday.

Ana's Closet said...

Que camisola adorável! E TÃO bem feita! (só há pouco tempo é que percebi que eras portuguesa, ou que pelo menos sabes português, quando fui ver os teus post antigos! uma agradável surpresa!)

Passarei mais vezes por cá!

Beijinhos

ana margarida said...

Perfeita!

Si said...

É realmente uma inspiração ver os teus trabalhos. Sempre tão perfeitos. Muitos parabéns.

Silvia

innovarencrochet said...

divino Tania muy lindos tus tejidos

Peacock Chic said...

Wow Tania, that sweater came out perfect! I just love it on you!

Véia da Teia said...

divertida e linda!

Stephany said...

Wow, that is simply amazing. I don't think I would have the patiece to knit it, but you did such an incredible job...