Tuesday, June 07, 2011

coraline



We are back from our short vacation in Wales, and I've started my new job this week so I haven't had time to select from the hundreds of photos a few to show you, but I promise I will soon. We had a great time, the weather even cooperated in the end, and my only regret is that I only managed to visit one yarn shop during the whole week !

In the meantime here's my finished Coraline, which I still can not believe it took me almost 3 years to complete. Not sure why it took so long, it was on stand-by for most of that time, I guess I was discouraged by all that stockinette in such small needles. When I finally got to the fun part (the smocking) it went really fast though. The yarn was a great choice for this, because with all the interruptions I had while knitting it my tension was quite uneven, and it really showed, but a bit of blocking in the end did wonders. The yarn does stretch quite a bit, and in my case I probably gained an inch or so in length which turned out perfect.



Pattern: Coraline, by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Artesano Inca Mist (8 skeins)
Size: 32''
Needles: 3.25 mm





6 comments:

Cláudia Tavares said...

Ficou muito giro!
Espero que a menina tenha gostado da viagem e que se tenha portado bem:)

Xoxo
Clau

Tessa said...

It's beautiful - lovely colour! Worth waiting for! I'm pleased you enjoyed your holiday and had good weather - we were in Wales the week before you and weren't so lucky! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

Sue said...

Gorgeous....and gorgeous on you!

Laurainnovart said...

Te quedo muy lindo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Il est vraiment très beau, quelle finesse...

Celina said...

Adorável! A cor e o fio foram mesmo bem escolhidos.