Tuesday, November 21, 2006

inspiration wallpocket



I have long been an admirer of Sally's work. She's a most talented crafter (and super mom), and when I first saw her wallpockets (more here) I knew I'd have to make one someday. I just needed something to act as my inspiration board, so I ended up with a mixture of wallpocket and rick rack memo board. I used a couple of the fabrics and trims I got in S. Paulo, plus a tiny piece of the cutest fabric I got from Mariko (photos of that swap coming soon), cream rick rack and simple linen for the background. I didn't do the patchwork effect (was feeling too lazy), but instead just two strips of fabrics and trims combination.

Up on the board right now are some of the beautiful illustrations by Ricardo, Elo, Ashley G. and Rachel Solomon. The origami fabric keychain and hairpin are by Isabel, the origami paper rose by Marta and the gorgeous gift tag and collage in the center is by Dawbis (which just arrived yesterday, by the way - thanks Dawn ! - so it's staying up here until I have it framed)



 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! As are your inspirations! All very inspiring. I think I may need to make one of those too...

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! As are your inspirations! All very inspiring. I think I may need to make one of those too...

Dawn said...

oh i am so relieved that you are happy with what i sent! i am thrilled that the original is with you :) of course, i still think i owe you something else and i know you said not to send anything, but you deserve so much more than what i sent! i just can't get over how beautiful your bags are! thanks again for trading with me <3 hugs!

fantasma said...

Está um espectáculo!

Marta Figueroa said...

que bonito :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your wallpocket! So pretty...so you!

Flor said...

Adorei :)

Mama Urchin said...

Thanks for posting all the artists. Some I know, some I don't so I will have to check them out.

kitty-san said...

Que lindo. É como se fosse um painel de tendências com as coisas que mais nos inspiram e nos prazenteiam e que no todo contam uma história.

Anonymous said...

The wallpockets are absolutetly briliant! Love yours! Must do one myself as well!!

patricia lima said...

ficou lindo!

Anonymous said...

Que privilégio! :)