Sunday, November 05, 2006

my neighbour totoro


I've always been a fan of Miyazaki's movies, my favorites being Nausicaa and probably Castle in the sky. But I've always had a special fondness for Totoro as well, so when my friend B. went to Japan on vacation this summer I couldn't resist asking him to bring me a plushed version. He was lucky enough to go visit the Studio Ghibli Museum and it seems the souvenir shop was irresistible.

He also got me a copy of the latest edition of Cotton Time, which of course is full of amazing crafty ideas. We had a rushed lunch the other day where he told me the highlights of his trip (I., já tenho montes de dicas para quando te formos visitar) and now I want to go visit Japan even more badly (ha, as if I needed more incentive). Thanks, B., I love my Totoro :)








 

6 comments:

Minesa said...

Estou ansiosa por saber das tais dicas!
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH Japão!
:) Bjs

christine ann haynes said...

Okay sertiously I am NOT trying to comment on everything, but as I go through your posts I am moved to tell you how very wonderful it all is!

He is so cute!

Have a nice nice day!

christine ann haynes said...

Okay sertiously I am NOT trying to comment on everything, but as I go through your posts I am moved to tell you how very wonderful it all is!

He is so cute!

Have a nice nice day!

Anonymous said...

Miyazaki does make the loveliest movies. I am always so tuched by their mood and the way his characters are drawn. Fantastic movies :)

Anonymous said...

oh this is wonderful, i wish one of my friends will go to japan once, too ;) You lucky one...

Unknown said...

I just discovered your blog and I love it. Very creative. Will be back to visit often

Hayao Miyazaki is the best director of cinema, I love your movies