Friday, May 16, 2008

on the needles ....

I've been obsessively knitting the Phildar Leafy Pullover recently. It helps that I love knitting reverse stockinette, but to see the leaves design taking shape is even better. I'm knitting this in mercerized cotton, so I can use it in warmer days, and I think I'll probably make it short sleeved (or a 3/4 sleeve ? What do you think ?)
If this goes well, then I might knit a full sleeved version later in the fall, because I have a feeling this will be one of my favorites when it's done.



Finally done, and just in time, a baby jacket for little Ema, my friends' second child who was born this week, who is totally adorable and behaved so nicely when we went to meet her last night. The pattern is the February Baby Sweater in two needles from Elizabeth Zimmermann, and the yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (it just took a little less than 2 skeins). The pattern is incredibly easy and the yarn is so nice to work with.





And just to let you know, the next shop update will definitely take place next week. Bookcovers only, this time, but then I hope to follow the week after with some bags as well. Have a great weekend :)

(note: and by the way, did you know that Blogger allows you to schedule posts to be automatically posted at a certain date now ? I just found out by accident ... )

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

olá!!!!!!!
estou sempre passando por aqui, vendo seus lindos trabalhos e dizendo a mim mesma: vou aprender tricot e fazer igual a ela!
Parabéns por seus trabalhos, pelo blog tão simpático...

marcialou
direto do Brasil....

materfamilias said...

I've just discovered your blog as a result of googling for yarnshops in Lisbon, and I'm impressed by your prolific knitting, your gorgeous photos, and your colourful, stylish sewing. We're going to be visiting Lisbon early next month after a week in Paris and then a week in central Portugal. Never been to Portugal before but I'm really looking forward to it!

fantasma said...

Sobre o blogger deixar que "postes" quando queres, se o que estás a dizer é a opção que aparece debaixo dos posts, já há há muito tempo :) De qq modo não te deixa "schedule" os posts, que era o que eu também pensava ao início, se fizeres agora um post com a data de domingo ele não o "posta" só no domingo, fâ-lo agora com data de domingo...

Sue said...

I love the leaves on that top, and I really like knitting with cotton. The baby sweater is adorable, and so pretty too.

Joana said...

O teu trabalho é realmente uma inspiração. Deste conta que saiu uma Marie Claire Idées especial bebé em Abril? Ainda se encontra por aí.

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful. The baby sweater is especially stunning. Very beautiful gift for a precious new baby. I'll have to take a look at the pattern and see if I can make one for my big baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lucky baby! SO sweet.

Uhma | Handmade said...

Quem me dera ter uma menina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!