Sunday, October 18, 2009

a new skirt

I finally had the courage to cut up this blue fabric (Fiona Tossed Flowers by Anna Griffin) and made my first skirt in a long time. The pattern is nr. 9 from Machiko Kayaki's Simple Chic book. It was probably the first Japanese pattern sewing book I ever bought and still continues to be my favorite. I'm not surprised if I end up making all the patterns in this book someday.

Anyway, it's surprisingly simple to assemble and think the whole project took me about 2 to 3 hours. And half of that time was assembling the zipper, which I had never done on a fully lined skirt (now that it's done it's obviously easy, but it took me a while to get there).

I love the final result, and will probably make another again soon, in Fall colors (maybe that brown fabric from the same post ? Humm, yes, that will probably work ...)





2 comments:

ana said...

it's adorable, tania! :)

Celina said...

Linda! E fica tão bem com a Daisy.