Sunday, December 10, 2006
it feels good to be home
I love traveling, I really do, but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed after some time away, don't you think ? Especially since we were dead tired after our flight back was delayed for over 3 hours (actually, our flight to Milan was also delayed for a few hours, so I guess that's the price we sometimes pay for flying low cost ?)
Apart from that, the vacation was lovely. The weather was not too bad (even a bit disappointed because it didn't snow) and I came back with the certainty that I'll have to return again for another visit. Slovenia and Croatia were as beautiful as I had been told, and if I ever manage to sort out the hundreds of photos we took, I'll share a few here soon. Here's a small list of my favorite places and things from the trip:
* visiting the Plitvicka Jezera National Park (Croatia). This has to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.
* listening to the sea organ in Zadar (X, I didn't get to see the sunset from here, it was raining, but I loved it anyway)
* Dubrovnik ... my favorite city in Croatia. The perfect place for a short vacation, I think. I did watch the sunset here from the city walls, and it was amazing.
* staying at the Alpenrose guesthouse in Mittenwald (Germany), a picture perfect postcard village north of Innsbruck. It was our second time here, and it's as lovely as I remembered it.
* shopping in Zagreb (Croatia) and Trento (northern Italy)
* wandering around the streets of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
* browsing the Christmas markets in Innsbruck (Austria)
I baked the scones above for our breakfast this morning, but guess who I caught trying to grab one of them ?
Oh well, I can't blame her, they were actually quite good :)