Monday, November 19, 2007

a stopover in munich

What to do when you have a 6 hour layover in Munich, which just happens to be one of my favorite cities in Europe ?

A quick visit to Marienplatz and the ViktualienMarkt (about the only thing open so early in the morning), even though it was snowing and I only had my summer clothes on ...





I did find this lovely yarn store - Wolle Rodel - too bad it wasn't open yet, and I had a flight to catch (it's in one of the corners of the ViktualienMarkt, opposite Starbucks and the organic marketplace. The address is Rosental 9)



And I love this shop (Holz & Leute, at ViktualienMarkt 2)

6 comments:

Iris said...

Ah, that brings back memories. I lived in Munich for nearly 3 years before I moved to the UK, and, as a poor student, I actually worked at one of the olive stalls at the Viktualienmarkt to get a bit of extra cash. Good times... :-)

Unknown said...

Visitei Munique em trabalho, mas deu para ver as vistas, a cliente alemã foi uma querida, fizemos um passeio pela cidade e achei lindissima.
Bjs
Sónia

Leonor said...

Também tenho um fraquinho por Munique :-)

Anonymous said...

do you have the isbn number for the softies book? It looks amazing!

.. said...

a loja dos brinquedos é linda! um dia hei-de ir a Munique, até já tenho mapa..

The Spicers said...

Can I ask: how are you able to travel so much? I'm terribly jealous, living in the U.S. with my paltry 2 weeks vacation a year! Do you travel for work, or just for pleasure?