Friday, April 30, 2010

Sage Remedy Top



When I found out I was pregnant I had all these grand plans about knitting myself some maternity wear. Then I realised it would take me ages to knit any of the patterns I liked, and by then it would probably be summer already and therefore too warm to wear any knits anyway. So I decided to concentrate my efforts on sewing, and choose just one knitting pattern which would be suitable for wearing in the spring. So when I saw this top I thought it would be perfect, since it looked like a relatively simple and fast knit.

The yarn I chose came from here, it's 100% wool and Portuguese (and very resonably priced), which is not something I come across very often. I'm very happy with it, and the knit fabric turned out just how I like it (a bit elastic and with enough drape).

I started knitting the second size, in order to accomodate the growing bump, but then made more side decreases until reaching the number of stitches listed for the smallest size when reaching the armholes.

I recommend a very good blocking after finishing this. It definitely gave my top a couple more inches in length and opened up the lacy portions.



Pattern: Sage Remedy Top, by Sarah Shepherd
Yarn: Lopo Xavier Elis, 2 skeins (from Retrosaria)
Needles: 4 mm
Size: M







7 comments:

Trinca Tricot said...

Adorei...muito bonito!
Beijinhos

the nest said...

You look beautiful! Your Sage Remedy top is perfect for your growing belly, and the color you chose is so pretty. I also knit a Sage Remedy top (not pregnant though!) and love it.

Have a great weekend!

Flier Judit said...

This color is beautiful, and the top looks great! I hope I'm not late with some Berlin-tips. It's an amazing city and has so many sights so hard to choose some of them. The bus numbered 100 hits the most sights so it's a good start to travel on it like a "hop on hop off" and after that choose some targets. Our favorite programmes were: Potsdamer Platz, Zoo, walking in Unter den Linden, Siegesaule, Kurfürsterdamm with KaDeWe (I suppose - but I'm not sure - there you can find yarns too), eating currywurst, Kaiser-Wilhelm Gedachtniskirche, Museum Island, Berliner Dom, Kreuzberg und so weiter, und so weiter... I miss Berlin so much. Have a good journey!

Nutsue said...

The top looks great on you and your growing belly...

Unknown said...

Que lindo. E que linda barriga :)

Sharon said...

So nice. It looks great on you!

Mama Urchin said...

I've had this top in my ravelry queue forever. I lvoe yours.