Wednesday, April 28, 2010

blue + brown winter dress, and a new skirt ...



These were obviously not taken now, but actually in early January, when I was barely showing yet. This is the dress I was talking about, it's #16 from the book mentioned below.

The fabric was from stash, and one of my favorites. I remember buying several meters of this at the fabric store, which I used in multiple bags and accessories over the past couple of years, and saved the remainder for a piece of clothing for myself.

The pattern is quite simple and straightforward, and I actually didn't have to make any adjustments this time. I'll probably make this dress again, maybe a lighter version like the one shown on the book.





As for the skirt, it's another version of this one, although I decided to add some pockets this time and a velvet trim on the hem. I really like this pattern, and I'm definitely not done with it yet (I was thinking maybe some skirts for next winter ?)



1 comment:

yummy peony said...

Love the skirt! And congratulations...