Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lago di Como - part I



On our first trip to Italy back in '01 we visited Lago Maggiore and Lago d'Orta and that's probably when I fell in love with the Italian lakes.

So I had high expectations for our visit to Lago di Como and I have to say I wasn't disappointed.



We arrived in Como at lunch time and stopped briefly there before heading towards Bellagio, our destination for the next days. It's a nice city for a short stop, and I highly recommend getting a gelato at the place near the Lyceo.



In Bellagio we stayed at this fantastic place called Villa Aureggio. It's a fully equipped apartment located just outside Bellagio, with a lovely garden and within walking distance of the center.





During the afternoon we visited one my favorite places of this whole trip: the gardens of Villa Melzi. What can I say ... I think the photos speak for themselves.



























More photos at Flickr:
Como
Villa Melzi
Bellagio
Villa Aureggio

1 comment:

Di said...

Again, these photos are glorious! I love the colours and the textures, the weather is perfect for photos....