5 reasons why I love skiing:
- whatever stress or worries that you might bring into the vacation, they immediately disappear once you hit the slopes because you can't think of anything else except how you'll avoid the next fall... therefore, ski trips are the most relaxing for me
- breathtaking sights, especially from the top of the resorts or on slopes between the forest. la plagne definitely had a good combination of both
- I do more exercise during one week than during the rest of the year
- the aprés-ski
- helps me overcome my fear of high speeds ...
the highlights of this trip were:
- the ucpa facilities and organisation were fantastic, and definitely your best value for money so far in the Alps. can't pay enough compliments to the food, the classes and entertainment ...
- huge snowfalls from last monday to wednesday, making thursday one of the best ski days of my life
- la plagne features an underground commercial gallery with direct connection to our hotel, which means we didn't have to go out into the cold for shopping
- lac noir (red)
- l'arpette (blue)
- l'esselet (red)
least favourite slope:
- les grenouilles (red) - went there on our first day and on the steep descent I was too afraid to ski down (it was quite steep and icy), so eventually I had to slide down with the help of an instructor
and on our last day we still had time to drive up to Val d'Isére, where we stayed last year, to buy the best chocolates in the world from Maison Chevallot
more photos here
the view from our room
the trees just after the snowfall
skiing in powder is tough !
yes, it was cold.. but I had a new hat to keep my head warm :-)