Sunday, July 13, 2008

The adventures of sock knitting in Iceland

Remember how I had great plans for my knitting during this Iceland trip ? Well, with all the sightseeing and catching up with Niccolo's adventures whenever there was some spare time, I only managed to knit during the car trips. With the bumps and all, which was kind of a challenge.
Of course, the Après Surf hoodie remained untouched, but I did manage to knit one entire sock during this trip. Yep, just one, not two, but I'm counting it as a victory anyway because it's my first sock ever. And it's knee high so it gives me extra points, right ?
Here goes, the adventures of sock knitting in Iceland ...



Turning my first heel ever, on the bus to Thorsmork


at the Country Hotel Anna




starting the leg portion, looking at the East Fjords


watching the snow fall, on our way to Seydisfjordur


binding off at the cottage in Husavik. My first sock done !


starting on the second one, and watching the sunset at the cottage in Varmahlid

9 comments:

teresa said...

E que tal? Gostaste de tricotar meias? :)

Verity said...

What yarn are you using? It looks great!

Jane said...

With all that scenery, I'd find it hard to concentrate on knitting. Looks fantastic

Anonymous said...

The sock looks great--those vibrant colors really pop against the backdrops!

Sue said...

What a well travelled sock.

Anonymous said...

Gostei da sequência das fotos :)

Anonymous said...

estou maravilhada com as fotos...
que privilegio o seu poder viajar e conhecer tantos lugares magicos,,,,e que natureza exuberante......
MARAVILHAAAAAAAAAAA!
gostei muito do blog....
uma visitante alem mar....
mineira

Mlle Miracle said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a few months now but this is my first comment. Your adventures in Iceland are amazing, including
the great adventure of the lonely sock. Congratulations for your blog and all your handmade things.
Saludos!

Sandra Coelho said...

Olá!

Já agora, que padrão estás a usar para fazer as meias? Tenho andado à procura que um simples mas as hipóteses são tantas que estou um bocado perdida....