Monday, May 14, 2012

sewing :: Tova tops


I can't believe I've finally sewn something wearable for myself. It's been a couple of years ...
The pattern is the Wiksten Tova top, which I've been coveting for a long time (way before there was a pattern available). It's just the kind of top I like, simple yet elegant. The fit is perfect, and Jenny's instructions are quite clear and easy to follow.

I've made not just one but three different versions. My favourite one is this one, made from this shirt weight Nunoya fabric I've been saving in my stash for over four years. I think it was worth the wait, because the combination is perfect, don't you agree ?

I also made this short sleeved version ...

And my first attempt which was actually long sleeved.
I can't get enough of this pattern, so I'm not sure three are enough, I might have to make a few more in the future ...


10 comments:

LuisaM said...

They are gorgeous! And the fabrics are lovely too.
If only I could sew...

AnaCAlmeida said...

Estão tão bonitos!
E os tecidos...
:)

abby said...

I love these! Can't decide which is my favorite, but I think you're right that fabric for the top one is PERFECT. I've just got back into sewing, wonder if I could get this pattern a go...

Sue said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

:)) todos lindos!! os tecidos são maravilhosos :))

Anonymous said...

PERFECT.
JELOUS.
I have the Tova pattern and i dont have time to sew because of 21 months boy and a nine to five job.
love them all.
Katerina FF
Greece

Carol & Eddy said...

I really like the Tova top, I've seen a few other bloggers making the long-sleeved ones as well. You know what I think will make the top look nice(r)? Rounded corners at the hem-line instead of straight. Does that make sense? Couold you sew another one and see whether it's true? :-)

Carol & Eddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol & Eddy said...

Sorry I sent the same comment twice so deleted the second!

Tania Ho said...

@Carol: It does make sense, and I might just do that on my next one (I ordered some fabric today that I think will make another perfect Tova top ;-)