Thursday, October 26, 2006

ufff ... feeling exhausted



ok, so maybe I lied when I said there were 72 boxes .. actually there were 113 at the end. 113 .. how is that possible ? Anyway, the move itself went without a hitch. We apparently chose the worst possible day to do it, it was pouring rain last Friday which made everything much more difficult. But the moving company guys were great, and in the end nothing was missing or broken. So that was the easy part, because after they were gone we had to unpack each one of those 113 boxes. Which we did, by the way, with the help of my in-laws and two very good friends (thanks girls, my bookshelves have never looked so great :)

By Sunday evening I was feeling so exhausted that I literally collapsed on my bed. There's still tons of things to do, but these will be taken care of slowly ...
So yesterday I felt I deserved a small shopping treat and picked up these gorgeous mugs at IKEA. Aren't they lovely ? Not that I needed more mugs, I've discovered that I have enough to fill two kitchen shelves already, but these were just begging to come home with me.
 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the move went well! Whenever I go to Ikea I always seem to buy glasses, thinking that I 'need' them. Last time I did this, I got home and opened the cupboard to find two unopened boxes of glasses from my last trip to Ikea...I wonder if I'll learn from this and resist the urge next time?

Convenção Bookcrossing said...

Weee, casa nova! :)

fantasma said...

Ajuda para arrumar livros há sempre! :o)
E não roubaram nada?? ;op

Anonymous said...

I successfully resisted the urge to buy those very mugs when I first saw them. Now (unfortunately or fortunately, you decide) they appear to have vanished from my Ikea store. Sad but true. Virtue doesn't always pay off.

Congratualions on your completed move. 113 boxes is impressive. Glad they all arrive in one piece.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your move and getting unpacked so quickly! I definitely think you deserve those beautiful mugs after all the hard work!

Sandra Dias said...

Lovelly mugs... ;-)
My wish is that you'll be incredible happy in your new home!

Sue said...

I am glad that your moving day went well. I wouldnt like to unpack 113 boxes either, but at least you can now settle in, and I love your new cups, so nice and pretty.

pendlerpiken said...

They are lovely!
Ikea? Really?

Eglair Quicolli said...

lindas canecas!
;D

studio7 said...

take a break and hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Mugs!!! In my recent move it was canned goods. Do I really NEED 6 cans of Baked Beans? I don't even eat Baked Beans! Or 22 butter knifes? BUY MORE! SAVE MORE! :-)