Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The (aprés surf) hoodie



All my crafting efforts recently were focused on this, so I'm really glad and proud it's now finished. This was my first lace project, and although enjoyable it also took much longer than I thought. It did turn out very nice, and because of the yarn, it's very, very comfy to wear.






Pattern: Aprés Surf Hoodie, by Connie Chang Chinchio, from Interweave Knits Summer 08
Size: 31.5
Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashcotton 4 Ply, color Vivid (6 skeins)
Needles: 3.25 mm
Ravelry link here




Changes: Gauge was somewhat off (I think 24 sts instead of 26) but it turned out a perfect 32 size which is what I intended. I lengthened the body a bit by knitting an extra pattern repeat before starting the decreases and I didn't switch to the smaller needles for the hood. And the neckband is only one inch tall instead of the suggested 1 1/2 inches. Apart from that, the pattern is very well written and constructed, and this piece is already a favorite in my wardrobe.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. It looks like it fits you perfectly!

Jacey said...

The hoodie is adorable! This one is in my queue; it seems so wearable.

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous color on you!! The sweater looks fabulous!

Celina said...

Adoro! Prática e tão feminina...

Michele Saunders said...

Gorgeous! and I love the color.

pogm said...

Its gorgeous - you have a lot of patience to knit something to complicated!

Suvi said...

Looks really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I want to knit that soooo bad but I know it'll take me forever and a day!

And that color is very pretty!

Lisa Stepi said...

beautiful, and it fits you perfectly.

Véia da Teia said...

de simplicidade e beleza!

Lolita Blahnik said...

Great work! well donne!!!