Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Alafoss



I had totally forgotten to blog about this, until I recently did a cleaning spree in my studio and found a box full of yummy icelandic wool...

On our last day in Reykjavik we stopped for some yarn shopping at the Alafoss outlet in nearby Mosfellsbær, as recommended to me by Icelandic knitters at the Ravelry forums. It is quite a knitter's paradise, as you can see ...





I have high dreams of knitting a lopapeysa (more examples here) or maybe an Aftur Sweater (like this one, or this one) so I splurged on lots of Lett-Lopi and some Kambgarn



and of course, I also couldn't resist a few plates of Plotulopi. This is unspun bulky icelandic yarn, and it was so cheap I probably would've brought much more if we still had any space left on our suitcases.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

Ooh, I am so jealous! this sounds amazing! I will get there one day :)
Can't wait to see what you do with it. Definitely make Aftur - it is such a fun knit!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tania,

We just came across your blog - we love your pictures from our store and are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Iceland.

We are excited to tell you that we have now opened up an online store at alafoss.is - we hope to see you there and hopefully again in Iceland.

Best regards,
The Alafoss team