Friday, June 22, 2007

doll quilt inspiration



so I was crazy enough to sign up for doll quilt swap II. I figured that it would be a nice way to start and try my quilting abilities, and I guess there's not much damage I can do if I try a doll quilt size first, right ? So if you're my swap partner and you're reading this, I apologize in advance for whatever the result might turn out to be. I'm a little bit in awe of all this, since my partner is actually quite an experienced quilter, but I've taken the challenge and will see this to the end.
The only request I got was no pastel colors, so I thought I could at least combine a couple of my favorite colors (I'm not a pastel person either). This is the fabric selection I got so far. It looks so pretty this way I almost don't have the courage to cut it all up, but don't worry, I will start working on it this weekend.

And to give me some inspiration, I round up some of my favorite doll quilts out there:



1. Doll quilt, Mama Urchin, 2. Strippy doll quilt front, Losabia, 3. Strippy Doll Quilt, WendysWTN, 4. doll.quilt, JoyBucket, 5. Beth's first ever quilt, Losabia, 6. Doll quilt, Jenny B, 7. Doll Quilt Swap, The Harvatines 8. Doll Quilt, Crafty Ginger, 9. Doll Quilt Swap: American Geese, Krom Mama

And sorry I couldn't update the shop with the rest of the items this week, but hopefully that will happen in the next couple of days. Enjoy the weekend !

8 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

You chose nice fabrics (thanks for the sneak peak) I am sure that the result will be lovely!

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabric choices! That liberty print is one of my favorites!

AnaCAlmeida said...

Good Luck! I'm sure you're giong to make a lovely quilt ; )

omeucantinho said...

Sooooooooo anxious for that shop update :-)

Concha said...

Adoro as cores e os tecidos. Vai ficar bem giro, de certeza!

Mama Urchin said...

The fabrics look great and I'm honored you found my quilt from last round inspiring. You know that was my first quilt ever and I haven't even been sewing for long. I'm sure whatever you make will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Ainda não me tinha apercebido que também estavas no doll quilt swap!!

Eu ainda não comecei o meu, mas já tenho tudo preparado ;)

patricia-g said...

Os tecidos são o máximo!
Adoro quilts, tenho tanta pena de não me ajeitar para os fazer...